Cultivating Authentic Joy, Kindness, & Connection through Improv
Using the tenets of improvisational theatre, this workshop will feature a series of lighthearted and fun exercises focused on cultivating joy, kindness, and authentic connection for yourself, your team, & your community.
The creative and inclusive muscles exercised in this workshop will be applicable immediately to your everyday life at work, at home, and in your community. Exercises will be based on nuanced facets of listening, empathy, and creativity.
On the heels of a trying year, this workshop will provide participants with a sense of relief along with a sense of empowerment, and will foster creativity and fun in a low risk and safe environment. A purely experiential session will have you moving the energy in your body and creative mind throughout.
Whether you are a working or retired professional, or simply a student of life- this workshop will propel you forward in kindness, joy, and community.
What 3 things might your participants learn or experience as a result of your workshop?
- How to listen to others beyond verbal communications.
- How to communicate with intention.
- How to maintain self-awareness and lead with joy in unexpected or unanticipated circumstances.
What might be 3 ways that the content of your workshop changes your attendees’ perceptions, habits, ways of working, or view of the world?
- Becoming more open to taking creative risks with an outlook that is less attached to result and more to impact.
- Cultivating a deeper attention to detail that will make you more attuned and connected to others.
- Encourage you to be inspired, “think outside the box”, and work kindly with others in moments of challenge.
What are 3 ways your attendees might apply what they learn in your workshop?
- Recognize and harness opportunities for expansion and “leaning in”.
- Utilize a more attuned listening approach with friends, teammates, employees, and audiences.
- Respond to unexpected circumstances with care and agility.