The Art of Pop Up Sanctuaries: Using Creativity to Disrupt Burnout and Mental Fatigue
During this session, participants will learn about the art of pop-up sanctuaries. A three-pronged approach to making mental wellness a priority will provide the structure for this presentation. Participants are shown various formats for creating a pop-up sanctuary and how to embed its use in their personal and professional lives. Participants will also receive guidance on how to integrate this tool into inner wellness practices that support inclusive work environments.
What 3 things might your participants learn or experience as a result of your workshop?
- Identify current mental wellness practices that are working well and that may need to be tweaked.
- Support participants in replenishing their energy by linking self-care to creativity.
- Increase participants use of upcycled materials.
What might be 3 ways that the content of your workshop changes your attendees’ perceptions, habits, ways of working, or view of the world?
- Help participants expand their exposure to creativity as a social emotional learning tool.
- Model how pop up sanctuaries can help participants practice the art of subtraction so they are not constantly consuming information.
- Engage participants at their comfort level and allow them to dive deeper into how creativity + visualization can be a powerful tool for self-care.
What are 3 ways your attendees might apply what they learn in your workshop?
- Confidence in using visualization as an effective mental wellness tool.
- Communication protocol to introduce the pop-up sanctuary in a work/volunteer setting.
- Learning structure for engaging diverse learners and ability levels.