Happy Accidents and Creativity
This 90-minute workshop will include an exploration of creativity, especially the role of serendipity in creating. The workshop will be a combination of short presentations (10-15 minutes), followed by small group activities.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
• Recognize and reflect on a significant accidental discovery in their own lives.
• Brainstorm a list of when and where accidental discoveries might occur.
• Use simple exercises to stimulate new way of viewing.
What 3 things will your participants learn or experience as a result of your workshop?
- Be able to define serendipity in their own words.
- Be able to describe possible ways that serendipity can stimulate creativity.
- Be able to create a personal plan to make room for serendipity.
What might be 3 ways that the content of your workshop changes your attendees’ perceptions, habits, ways of working, or view of the world?
- Attendees will consider the value of making time for accidents.
- Learn to recognize opportunities for changing their view.
- Appreciate that problem solving can sometimes happen unintentionally.
What are 3 ways your attendees might apply what they learn in your workshop?
- Attendees may include opportunities for accidental discovery in their time management.
- May become more accepting of situations that seem ambiguous.
- Generate more a more playful attitude toward their own environment.
- Creativity for Education – Educators, Coaches, Facilitators
- Creativity for Artistry – Artists and Artisans