Existential Creativity: Seeking personal and communal transformations through creative engagements
This workshop centers on the transformative potentials of creative practices, exploring the question: ‘how making or creating can change individuals and communities?’ Existential creativity calls for the radical embodiment of ideas, philosophies, new perspectives in order to live a good, harmonious life, achieving and cultivating eudaimonia. Rituals, both religious and secular, reinforce transformation and meaning-making, thus this workshop will engage participants with a ritualized creative practice to demonstrate the transformative power of a structured creative engagement that centers on a desire to change, transform, or embody meaning. Merging evocative, autoethnographic writing and collage making participants will learn how a contemplative, ritual engagement with writing (storytelling) and making (collage) can serve human transformation.
What 3 things will your participants learn or experience as a result of your workshop?
- Workshop participants will experience how a structured and deliberate creative engagement with writing and making can potentially shape their lives or deepen their understanding of a given story, idea, concept.
- Participants will learn how to deepen their own creative practices in order to support their well-being and life pursuits.
- Participants will learn a new method of creative engagement that can be applied to their own creative domains.
What might be 3 ways that the content of your workshop changes your attendees’ perceptions, habits, ways of working, or view of the world?
- Using creativity as a powerful medium of individual and communal transformation.
- Developing a creative habit where creative engagements promote self-understanding and well-being.
- Using creativity as an epistemic, ontological, and ethical tool/method in order to foster wise living in a rapidly changing world.
What are 3 ways your attendees might apply what they learn in your workshop?
- Providing a template to restructuring existing creative practices or engagements to deepen the existential benefits toward self and community.
- Applying existential questions or issues related to sentient existence to creativity.
- Understanding creativity as an essential tool to achieve and cultivate wisdom.
- Creativity for Education – Educators, Coaches, Facilitators
- Creativity for Artistry – Artists and Artisans
- Creativity For Mind, Body, Spirit – Health and Wellness, Human Potential, Personal Growth