Creating the Vision for Your Future
The book of Proverbs says, “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” The Ghanaian proverb says, “The poorest person in the world is not the one without money, but the one without vision.”
The difference between the winners and the “also ran” are the visions and powerful images they create about their future. This is true in athletics and it is even more important in life.
Whether you are 16 or 60, having a compelling vision for your future is absolutely vital for success and health. Research on aging has found that those individuals who have a higher sense of purpose live healthier and longer lives.
What 3 things might your participants learn or experience as a result of your workshop?
- Learn how to craft your life and design your future.
- Take the long view for your future to move beyond the day-to-day tactics that may keep you in the past.
- Leave with a vision of your future and specific actions you can take to propel you toward that future.
What might be 3 ways that the content of your workshop changes your attendees’ perceptions, habits, ways of working, or view of the world?
- Learn how to craft their lives.
- Learn to take the long view of their future.
- Develop a vision to help them age as creative and productive individuals.
What are 3 ways your attendees might apply what they learn in your workshop?
- They will develop a vision of their future.
- They will develop a step by step plan to achieve that vision.
- They will learn to relax and rehearse their vision for the future.