Creative Identity: The Art of Affirming Your Inner Creative
Do you feel that you have an inner artist or creative but need help coaxing it out? Do you actually believe you are a talented and creative individual capable of creating wonderful things? Do you actually believe you are a talented and creative individual capable of creating wonderful things? Affirmation can help! Positive affirmations are great messages to have around an art studio, office or creative space as reminders of your creative talents. During this engaging workshop, we will talk about our identities as creative individuals, the benefits of affirmations, and how to create your own affirmations that resonate with you. You don’t have to be practicing artist or creative to participate! Bring your creative passion and an open mind.
What will your participants learn of experience as a result of the workshop?
- Explore your core beliefs about being creative and where it comes from.
- Address and confront negative self-talk that blocks many creatives from moving forward with their practice.
- How to create and use affirmations to move past unsupportive thoughts and beliefs.
How will the content of the workshop change your attendees’ perceptions, habits, ways of working or view on the world?
- Attendees will have the opportunity to explore their current self perceptions about their creativie passions and gifts.
- Attendees will learn through practice, one skill to deal with their negative self messaging about their doubts and fears regarding their creativity.
- Attendees will take home this skill to utilize if they wish, to confront negative self-messaging about their creative passions and gifts.
How will attendees apply what they learn in the session?
- Identify negative self-talk and messaging regarding their identity as a creative person.
- Write affirmations that will help them neutralize their self-talk and messaging about their creativity identity, passion and gifts.
- How to use affirmations when they are stuck or uninspired as they move into claiming (or reclaiming) their creative identity.
- Mind, Body & Spirit